|The Woodward Charitable Trust This trust makes grants to UK registered charities, social enterprises and CICs, in the following areas:
- Children and young people who are isolated, at risk of exclusion or involved in antisocial behaviour
- Prisoners and ex-offenders. Projects that help the rehabilitation and resettlement of prisoners and/or ex-offenders are supported as well as requests to help prisoners’ families.
- Disadvantaged women – covering refuges, domestic violence and parenting
- Disability projects which can include rehabilitation and training for people who are either physically disabled or learning disabled
- Arts outreach work by local groups for the benefit of disadvantaged people.
- Projects that promote integration and community cohesion amongst minority groups, including refugees and travellers
The Trust prefers to fund charities with an annual income of less than £300,000. Their grantmaking in response to unsolicited enquiries is generally for amounts under £5,000. The Trust also makes grants of between £200 – £1,000 for summer playschemes, but only to organisations with an income of under £100,000. Application is via a form which can be downloaded from the Trust’s website. Summer playscheme forms will be available starting from 1st February.