|Based in York or North Yorkshire?
People’s Health Trust funding is now open in York and North Yorkshire. This funder opens geographically-based ‘Active Communities’ funding rounds periodically across Great Britain. To be eligible for funding, your organisation must:
- Support people to create or shape local projects that will help their community or neighbourhood to become even better
- Be non-profit
- Have an income of less than £350,000 a year, or an average of £350,000 or less over the last two years
- Have less than six months’ annual running costs in savings (with no restrictions on the money) after you have deducted the grant you wish to request
- Be constituted and more than three months old
Projects need to:
- Be designed and led by local people
- Support their neighbourhood or community to come together to address an issue that is important to them
- Create stronger connections between people by supporting them to meet up regularly
- Be for people who experience greater social and economic disadvantage than people living in other parts of the country
- Be either:
- – small and local, for example, involving residents living in a few streets, an estate, a small village and working in one or more of our ‘fundable neighbourhoods’ or
- – a community of interest – a group of people who have shared experiences, characteristics or common interests and wish to come together to address specific issues that are important to them. They may live across a wider area.
The minimum grant that you can apply for is £5,000 over one year, £7,500 over 18 months, or £10,000 over two years. The maximum grant made by the People’s Health Trust is £50,000 – grants of this level will almost always be over 2 years.
The deadline for Stage 1 applications to this round is 1pm on Wednesday 15th November. Once your application is submitted, you will be informed within 5 days whether your application will progress to Stage 2. The closing date for Stage 2 applications will be 6th December. For more information and to apply, visit the People’s Health Trust website.